onsdag 9. mai 2012

Bedouin things

I haven't got anything else to do, so I've started working on my summer project. I'm really enjoying getting to work out everything in the big picture instead of just making bits and bobs here and there as we have been doing so far.

I'm doing the bedouin theme, though it was a tough choice, but I visited a bedouin camp when my mum and I went to Egypt many years ago so I felt it was cool to choose a theme of which I have some first hand experience. It is probably the most memorable thing about the trip to Egypt though we did lots of things like going to Cairo, diving in the sea, seeing the Sphinx and even going inside the Giza pyramid. The bedouin trip was a tourist arrangement, but it felt very authentic; the toilet was a hole in the ground, for one thing. We ate bedouin food but I can't remember what that was, and we got to try smoking hookah-pipes which tasted like apples. Riding camels feels like going out in a little dhingy in the stormy sea. There is no light pollution in the desert so you could see the stars really well when night fell.

  

 

I made a bunch of little props today. I modeled and unwrapped them all today, and though they are not really particularly complicated objects, I still feel pretty happy with myself and how this proves my massive progress with 3Ds Max. They're going to share a 1024x1024 texture sheet.


When I have made all the props I want to try putting them together and make a scene in UDK to see how that works out. I've never used UDK before so that could be interesting.

PS. I really fucking hate Google's new layout. What the hell is this shit

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar