torsdag 31. mai 2012

Summer project: 31 May

The past two days were mostly spent working on the fox character. I have time to be thorough, so I've tried, to the best of my abilities, to make the topology as friendly to animating as possible and spent a lot of time looking at solutions for limbs, specificially, since the mesh of my gladiator character was definitely not animation friendly. His legs looked like chicken drums when they bent, which was awesome but also all wrong. 



I also opened Zbrush for the first time today. Mike Pickton did this talk on baking pretty maps for low poly characters from high poly models and I have been wanting to try it for a while, so I figured this would be a good opportunity. I've been told that Zbrush is pretty intuitive so I expected to figure it out pretty easily, but I ended up having to watch lots of tutorials before eventually being able to even import my character and rotating it, and eventually I managed to rub a somewhat fur-like texture all over it.

To conclude, Zbrush is about as intuitive as stabbing yourself in the eye with a sharp knife repeatedly.

I then loaded the high poly model into Max and baked normal maps and ambient occlusion maps and it looks quite good, so I suppose it was worth the faff. Also I have definitely learned a lot of things which I can use again later, which is always worth some faff I guess. 

Now I have a bit of a luxury problem. My model is only around 3 080 tris while my tri limit is 5 000... Maybe I'll model him some props and stuff.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar