torsdag 6. juni 2013

I missed 3D modelling, so I started modelling a dog based on an older sketch yesterday. I blocked it out in Max, then used Zbrush to edit the shape into something I liked better, and now I'm retopologising the final wireframe. 

I really forgot how tedious retopologising is. It's like playing 3D connect-the-dots for hours and hours and hours. but I've just got the legs left now and then I can get to the fun bits. 

I want to try something I've been wanting to try for ages but never really had the time to get round to: I want to attempt texturing it with traditional media. It'll be a bit trial and error but I really want to see how it'll come out. Appart from the technical challenges, my chief worry is that stretching and seams will be really apparent, so I'll need a good unwrap. Getting at that tomorrow.