onsdag 4. september 2013

Summer project: Caravan scene 01

I'm all settled in my new house in Leicester and ready to start my 3rd year. It's still a bit early, but it's nice to get everything sorted before the hard work starts. To get a bit of practice in and to have something to do, I've written myself a small practice brief.

This is a brief for a small scene I want to make in the following month, before uni starts up (give or take a week for family visits).

The main point of the brief is for me to practice putting together a scene in UDK with interactive sort of things like doors that open and close on player input, flickering lights and swaying stuff and whatnot. It’ll also be good practice for getting back into 3D and texturing, and it will be a good way for me to gauge how much work I can actually get done in a month. 

I will use 3DS Max for modeling and all that, Zbrush for sculpts to bake down, and UDK to construct the scene. I have not decided if I want to do the scene with hand painted textures or photo textures yet, but I am leaning towards hand painted.

The scene will consist of a derelict caravan with slapdash additional architecture. It will have an interior and a small surrounding exterior. If I have time, it would be nice if the area was closed of in a natural way, but that is not important for my purpose of this brief, and thus at the bottom of my priorities.

These are some initial unreferenced sketches I did, getting the basic idea down. In the following days I want to collect more references in order to flesh out the scene more, adding clutter to make it seem more messy and lived in. 



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar